Elena

Elena

Monday, October 27, 2014

Exciting news

Exciting news guys! Elena is going to be featured in a local paper!

This past Saturday, a reporter from The Daily Harold came to Elena's dance class. It's a FREE class for kids with special needs. It's terrific and I am so greatful for it. Anyway, so this reporter was taking pictures for a story about benefits of dance. She thought Elena was the cutest (who doesn't?) and asked if she could do a feature. I said of course. Elena loved playing with her camera and said "Cheese!" every time she heard it click. She kept asking to take pictures and used the reporter's camera a lot.

She reporter said she wants to not just show how dance has influenced Elena's life but also to show she is just a normal kid. She is smart, funny, and just a kid. I like that. I don't want a pity story. She reporter will be coming over Thursday to see our nightly routine and take pictures. She wants to come a couple times and even to Elena's class, if she can. I'm excited but also nervous. I'm kind of speaking for the whole visually impaired/blind community (at least for some things) and I don't want to say anything wrong. Plus, I don't want her to see my messy house! I'm gonna get to cleaning right after I finish this. Mostly, I just have too much stuff for such a small apartment.

I'll keep y'all updated and will post a link when the article is published. Don't forget to follow @ABlindAngel on twitter for quick updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment