Elena

Elena

Monday, January 21, 2013

No mess painting

In December, I had a brilliant idea (well i thought it was brilliant) of how to let Elena finger paint without getting the mess all over.

She uses a booster seat with attachable tray for eating. I took plastic wrap and duck taped it to the tray. Then I duck taped plain computer paper on top of the plastic. When painting, I took her shirt off and put her hair up in a ponytail. I put her in the chair and attached the tray. It keeps her contained and the paint is washable so if it gets on her skin it comes right off. I put a little blob of paint on the paper, give her and brush and let her go at it.

She tends to stay in the middle so she ends up tearing the paper. That's fine for me cause she just enjoys the painting. When she is done, I un-tape, wrap it all up and throw it away. Super easy and mess free.

I used Crayola Washable Kid's Paint. A 10 pack costs me $5 or $10.







No comments:

Post a Comment