Elena

Elena

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My First Ever by Myself Sewing Project

I've made a few things before but usually had either help sewing or someone next to me to tell me what to do next. This apron was done completely by me and I'm so proud of myself! Elena had gotten pretty messy after the last time we baked so I decided to make her an apron. I used a small apron that one of her therapists had attached toys to as a template. I added some color using some left over rickrack and a flower button. Then brailled her name on it with rhinestones. She was more interested in the button than the braille.








1 comment:

  1. What a great job! I love sewing, one of my favorite hobbies. My husband told me the other day I need to make Maggie an apron her size instead of McGyvering her into one my size every time we try to bake. Lets face it, they make a total mess. I love the ric rac and the braille is such a cute idea. Great inspiration for a future project of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete