Elena

Elena

Monday, September 19, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday!

I feel bad it's been so long since I last wrote. Elena has had a birthday. She's 3! Her birthday was August 30th. (Her dad's bday is the day before. Kind of cool.) Since then school has started again for me and I just haven't had the time to update like I should. Sorry ya'll. Anyway, here are some pics from her party.






The book was a gift from her vision therapist. Now that she's 3, she will get a new therapist. I'm sad about that. Pam was great and was such a big part of Elena's life since she was about 8 months old. We'll probably still see her occasionally at activities for the blind but it's not the same.




I made the cake. Just a simple chocolate cake with vanilla frosting and skittle flowers. I didn't have the energy to make a cool cake like I have the past 2 years (Lady Bug and then Butterfly with cupcake flowers.) It still tasted great though.



The dress was special for her birthday. It was so cute I just HAD to buy it. I had a pink and leopard print bow on her too but she kept taking it off.



The soccer ball beeps. I thought it would be better than one with bells because she could find it even when it's not moving.

2 comments:

  1. The soccer ball is genius. Maggie would love it! And the cake is totally cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention that I got the ball from http://www.braillebookstore.com/, just in case you want one too. :)

    ReplyDelete