Elena

Elena

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hello Again


So life has been insane lately. I am going through a divorce which has taken a lot of my time and obviously not put me in the mood to write. Plus school is keeping me busy. Just trying to focus on Elena right now. Elena is two and a half now and amazes me every day. I still find it hard to believe that's it's been that long already. She is growing so fast and doing so many wonderful things.

Her biggest accomplishment has got to be to be that she started walking. It happened right around Halloween. I was so excited. All the therapists and parents were right, she just decided to start walking, just like that. I couldn't believe my eyes! I have some video on my phone that I will post if I ever figure out how to get it off the phone. She now loves going on walks and going up and down stairs. She goes through little phases of wanting to hold my hand while walking and not wanting to hold my hand. Elena has also started standing by herself without support. It's so cool to see. She's also going through phases, though, of not wanting to. I guess that's just how kids are.

She's started talking a lot more and I wonder now if she even needs a speech therapist anymore. She's FINALLY pronouncing her P's, B's and sometimes her M's. It's so cute to little to her talk. You can understand most of what she says and she says it with that cute baby voice that makes you just laugh. Can you tell I like how she talks? lol. She sounds more and more grown up every day.

3 comments:

  1. hi thanks for showing me this blog it has really helped me as it shows how clever your little girl is and how she does everything the same a a sighted child would its amazing. you said earlier in your blod that elena was delayed in things like rolling over, sitting up ect can you give me any advice to encourage my little boy to does these things and also how you envolved her in play.

    thanks
    sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does your son have any sight? This will affect what kind of toys and activities would be best for him. Does he have mental delays too? I don't know anything about the diagnosis he has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi thanks your blog has helped me.my son has some light preception in his left eye. and no he doesnt have any mental delays as far as im aware.

    ReplyDelete